Risk-taking Mission and Service includes the projects, the efforts and work people do to make a positive difference in the lives of others for the purposes of Christ, whether or not they will ever be part of the community of faith.
• Phone and email chains to connect people together in prayer.
• Prayer and devotion in the Prayer Chapel every Wednesday morning at 8:30 a.m.
• Sharing of joys and concerns in Sunday worship.
• Occasional studies in the area of prayer.
Ministry with the Poor
• Faith Builders: Outreach in which our members help locals keep up with their home.
• Work in and support of “Loaves and Fishes,” our local food pantry.
• Work in and support of “Community Mission Center,” our local outreach to the poor.
• Christmas mission where we supply Christmas Gifts to families who are stretched thin financially.
• Back to School Bash where we join with others in supplying needed school supplies to needy children.
Healing and Health Ministries
• Monthly blood drive
• Monthly Alzheimer’s support group
• Support of “Jesus Loves You” ministry with the chemically dependent
Children’s and Youth Ministries
View More Information about our children and youth ministries on our Youth Page.
National and International Mission
• Support of United Methodist Missions
• Support of “Imagine No Malaria”
• Providing new school books for students in Liberia
• Support of Illinois Great Rivers Conference projects
Faith Builders: A Pana First Ministry
Through this ministry volunteers help individuals and families who are struggling financially or physically to keep up their home. Typical projects include: installing handicap aids, repairing a light and door, completing yard work, repairing leaking faucets, cleaning rain gutters, repairing a wall or fence, caulking windows and installing storm windows and screens.
If you know someone who is struggling with their home, encourage them to apply for assistance with Faith Builders. Applications are available in the Pana First United Methodist Church Office. Forms are also available at the Community Mission Center, Senior Center, and Food Pantry. You can request a form via email by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. If the request seems to meet the Faith Builder criteria then a Job Evaluator from the ministry will contact the applicant for more information or to arrange a visit. *Applicants must own their property for Faith Builder assistance.
Jesus says, “Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.” (Matthew 25:40)